Prerequisites for participation in the 3-year retreat
- Participant must be Gangteng Rinpoche’s student or must have his consent;
- Has practiced Buddhism for at least 10 years;
- With a stable mental state, a good physical form;
- Ability to understand and read texts in English, German, French or Tibetan (as of 2018, possible changes in the future, if texts are translated into other languages);
- Appropriate age, not too old;
As stated above, the person wishing to participate in the three-year retreat must be mentally and physically perfectly healthy. The timetable is tight, therefore a good physical form is required for prostrations (part of preliminary practices) and some yoga practices (tsalung). In general, participation for individuals over 60 is too challenging.