Prerequisites for participation in the 3-year retreat
- Participant must be Gangteng Rinpoche’s student or must have his consent;
- Has practiced Buddhism for at least 10 years;
- With a stable mental state, a good physical form;
- Ability to understand and read texts in English, German, French or Tibetan (as of 2018, possible changes in the future, if texts are translated into other languages);
- Appropriate age, not too old;
As stated above, the person wishing to participate in the three-year retreat must be mentally and physically perfectly healthy. The timetable is tight (see the program). Good physical form is required for prostrations (part of preliminary practices) and some yoga practices (tsalung). In general, participation for individuals over 60 is too challenging.